Before one considers, buying, a home of their own, they must, objectively, introspectively, think about, both, what you, truly need, as well as what you wish for / desire, and your personal reasons and rationale! While some want a big home, with a lot of land, others may not want, the responsibility of maintaining such a large property. Examine your personal comfort zone, and determine, how large, monthly payments, will make you feel. Examine, your present resources / funds / assets, and, whether, you feel, you have a good degree of job, and income security. Are you considering, relocating, in the next 5 years, or, looking, to settle – in, and live, in a specific neighborhood / region / area, for the longer – run? Give yourself, a check – up, from the neck – up, and consider, what might best SERVE your personal needs, lifestyle, and interests. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it's an important consideration / factor.
1. Size; solutions; systems; services; strengths: What size house, do you need, and what do you want / hope for? Does a specific house, provide the solutions, you seek? Which of the house's internal systems, meet your objectives, etc? Do the strengths of a house, outweigh potential weaknesses, or things, it lacks? Always consider, the services, you seek, need, and desire?
2. Energy efficiency: Many overlook, or fail to pay enough attention, to the overall energy efficiency, of a particular house. Have a professional, building inspector, and / or, engineer, inspect the existing heating, cooling, and electric systems, and, request suggestions, which might, enhance, improve, and make, better, more effective, efficient, and, hopefully, save you money and aggravation!
3. Real estate; relevant; real: Are you ready to own real estate? Consider your decision, seriously, and, thoroughly, because, for most, the value of their house, becomes their single – biggest financial asset! Are you considering a house, which addresses, you personal, relevant, realistic needs, and aspirations? Will you keep, your focus, on your real needs, and financial abilities, both today, and projected, into the future?
4. Value; values; vision: Have your real estate professional, create a meaningful, realistic, Competitive Market Analysis, or, CMA . Consider your true values, and examine your personal vision, in a responsible manner!
5. Emphasis; effects: Consider, your personal emphasis, and reasoning / rationale, and the effects, on what serves your best purposes!
Will the house, you purchase, truly serve your NEEDS? Take this consideration, seriously, because it's an important, major decision!